Shh, it's a Tiger! Fine English China Plate
FINE ENGLISH BONE CHINA COUPE PLATE
EDITION / 200
Fine English bone china coupe plate designed by Jane and featuring her intricate black Biro drawing Shh it’s a Tiger! This is the first design of her Siberian tiger diptych and one of eight designs from her iconic print and china series In Homage to the Last Great Carnivores of Eurasia. It highlights threatened and endangered carnivores across the Eurasian continent. Dedicated to the majestic Siberian tiger of Ussuriland this Russian fantasy was inspired by images of Bengal tigers bathing in forest pools, overlooked by ruined palaces. Amba, the Udege name for Siberian tiger meaning Guardian of the Forest, is depicted sweeping across the pine trees through an antique dacha birdcage. A Red Army cavalry breaking through the forest heralds the historic circumstances that contributed to this tiger species’ decline.
Jane's meticulous drawings take several months to research and make. A unique statement piece to display or as part of an elegant fine dining set, each plate design is a limited edition of 200. This exquisite collection is beautifully hand made to order in Stoke-on-Trent by prestigious ceramic designers and manufacturers The New English.
- Design and original Biro drawing by Jane Lee McCracken
- Limited Edition fine English bone china plate made in Stoke-on-Trent
- Edition: 200
- Each plate is individually hand numbered and comes in a beautiful purpose made gift box complete with a signed postcard by Jane
- Suitable for use and display
- Recommended Care Instructions: Soak plate in warm water and wash by hand with a non-abrasive cloth
SECURELY PACKAGED AND SHIPPED WORLDWIDE VIA TRACKED SHIPPING SERVICE
FOR RETURNS OF THIS ITEM PLEASE SEE OUR RETURNS POLICY UPON CHECKOUT
PLEASE NOTE LEAD TIME ON DELIVERY OF THIS ITEM IS 7 - 10 DAYS
BACK IN STOCK END OF JUNE 2019